The Brothers Brant (That’s Peter and Harry) on the Pleasures of Being 1-Percenters, Sexuality, and Suri Cruise’s Fashion Sense
-So I read this article in Vanity Fair about brothers Peter and Harry Brant-sons of mogul Peter Brant I and supermodel Stephanie Seymour, and I’m absolutely, homosexually obsessed. These boys are wealthy, modern day dandies; and they nonchalantly, unapologetically embrace their privilege, dandiness, and “1 percenter” life style with empowered aplomb.
There are so many things that I love about these boys, but I’m going to be succinct with a Top 5:
1. Peter and Harry are all about beauty-“We wake up and see beauty everywhere. Both my parents bring such a unique element to it. They’ve both devoted their lives to beauty.” It doesn’t hurt that their father has one of the largest collections of modern art in the world, including like, gagillions of Warhols lying around their Georgian estate in Greenwich-obviously.
2. They’re both gay and fabulous and chicly (cheekily) excessive. When they didn’t get to go to the Met Ball-the world was deprived of a baby panther: “I had arranged for the baby panther and everything,” Peter complained. “What could be better than diamonds and exotic baby animals?” You guys-seriously-I can’t think of anything better than diamonds and exotic baby animals, can you??
3. They’re post modern gay. Gay boys in the postmod world are super “undefined”: “I’m both, kind of, a little bit…. I do both, and, you know, I’m cool with everything. I don’t like to be defined. I personally don’t think that you can be. I’m undefinable. I’m undefined. And I think that anyone who thinks they have me figured out knows nothing about me, ’cause very few people in the world actually know anything about how my mind works.” Peter and I both share the sentiment that people who think they have us figured out are actually even more clueless than Cher Horowitz.
4. They’re best friends with Courtney Love, which is pretty bananas and glam all at once. Harry is an insomniac and says that Courtney “is the only one awake when I am.” That might be for different reasons, but still-that’s pretty fucking buckwildly fabulous.
5. They’re young, but incredibly precocious and self-assured. 15 year old Harry had the following to say on twitter: “From now on when people ask me what I ‘do’ I’m just gonna say ICON,” Harry recently Tweeted on the pair’s joint Twitter account.” Let’s contextualize that this boy is 15 and gay. Not to compare, but when I was 15 and gay, some senior on my football team came up to me and was like, “you’re so arrogant, Hansen,” and I was like, “SO?” So I tend to hold a dear place in my heart for self-assured gay teenagers.
-Watch out for the Brant Brothers.