I really hate when people call me “Edwin.” It’s one of my pet peeves. Last night, I went to the Coffee Bean to do some work, and the woman who gave me my drink called me “Edwin”-loudly and repeatedly, almost like she was creating a one-woman parody of the fact that my name’s not Edwin:
“EDWIN! EDWIN! YOUR DRINK IS READY, EDWIN! EDWIN!!
Now, is that a big deal in the grand scheme of life and all of life’s complications??
No. Absolutely not. I have way bigger problems than getting called “Edwin” on a Monday night by a stranger. However, “Edwin” is not my name, and my stomach turns when I hear people call me (in particular), “Edwin.”
My name is Edward. Word? I was named after a prince, and calling me Ed-win offends my regal nature. Getting called “Edwin” is one of my grandest annoyances, and I’m allowed to have my grand annoyances. It’s like-call your bald headed cousin, Edwin, I don’t currrrr-just don’t call me “Edwin” because that just ain’t me.
I mean how would this woman feel if I called her out by her name loudly and repeatedly like, “BASIC!!! BASIC!!! BASIC!! YOUR DRINK IS READY, BASIC!!!”
- becomingmia likes this
- itsliketherapybutfree likes this
- nancysun likes this
- everyonepoops2 likes this
- mlascalza likes this
- ally-pop-pie likes this
- whydoihaveablog likes this
- withsometea likes this
- fury-in--your-head said: that last sentence is everything. EVERYTHING.
- kirability said: My name is Kira and when people pronounce it “KHI-RAH” it drives me absolutely bonkers. It’s Kee-ra. Bitches.
- sixohthree likes this
- kaylask said: I feel you. My name is Kayla and when someone calls me “Kaylee” I wanna punch them in their dumb faces.
- khaleimarie likes this
- lamanda said: I don’t like it when people call me Suzanne. It’s Susan! So as usual, I totally get your story Ed.
- mandysaid likes this
- folkinz likes this
- kushkoala said: hell fuckin yea. My name is Caitlin and i absolutely HATE when people automatically shorten it to “Katie”, like no that’s not my name thanks!
- dolcecheri likes this
- kindafabulous posted this