I haven’t written about RHONJ in a hot ass minute, and I really need to break it down. Here I am-calling myself a Realogist, and I totally haven’t even tried to keep it real; so let me amend that situation. Here are some random thoughts:
1. I love Dina Manzo. Some people are just naturally above it, and she’s one of those people. If you put your money where your mouth is and walk away from a lucrative reality show to cleanse yourself of the toxicity and pursue bigger, better opportunities-then you are allowed to present yourself as someone who’s genuinely above it. What drives me crazy are those housewives who are like, “OMG I am so above this drama. I can’t even comment on this.” This brings me to my next point.
2. My tolerance for Caroline Manzo has quickly diminished. I used to really, really like Caroline; however, I feel that she became complicit in manufacturing this “mama knows best” reality persona, while still touting herself as this no-nonsense person who is so above the drama. And that couldn’t be further from the truth. Caroline is stirring the pot of drama sauce so rapidly-I can’t even keep up with the drama. It’s like with Danielle gone-they needed to villainize someone else, and bam-Teresa is up to bat.
3. Now, I’m not proclaiming full innocence for Teresa Giudice. She wasn’t very up front about her relationship with the tabloids, and I get how that can come off as very deceitful, but if we were to believe Seasons 1 & 2-Teresa and the Manzos were very, very good friends. Suddenly, their decade long friendship disintegrates because Teresa writes a few snarky things in her book. In her (weak) defense, she did apologize and attempt to move forward, but Caroline couldn’t let it go.
4. On last night’s episode, we see Dina telling Teresa that sometimes blood isn’t always thicker than water, while on her twitter-she was saying that her words were edited slightly out of context; and that she was referring to Teresa’s family. Fine. I’m okay with that. However, Dina did stand by the fact that she’s in support of Teresa on some level, which leads me to believe that Caroline isn’t super innocent in all of this as she would have lead us all to believe.
5. It’s pretty obvious that all of the New Jersey ladies have relationships with the press. That’s how they promote their brands and keep themselves relevant, which is par for the course if you’re on a reality television show. But to sit there and try to act like you’re no-nonsense and above the scripted, artificially constructed drama-that’s offensive, Caroline.
6. I respect that Jaqueline used people.com to discuss her son’s recent autism diagnosis; that seems like a good way to handle the press and put out the story in a constructive way. I just can’t believe that some of the ladies act like they don’t all speak to the tabloids Come on, girl(s).
7. Melissa has really grown on me. I like her more and more each episode, because she keeps it real. If she’s pissed-she discusses it in an upfront manner. She’s also an adult, and she conducts herself like an adult; she’ll move forward if it seems practical. Frankly, I was totally unfair to Melissa last year, because I misjudged her based off of how she presented herself initially. Although it should be stated that if you sign up for a reality show without telling your family first-that is slightly questionable; but everyone has to make money and I get it. I’m not going to begrudge someone for trying to promote themselves and make money-God Bless. For the record, I think Melissa is talented and pretty and seems like a good lady, so I’m definitely team Melissa for sure.
8. Is Kim D. not the grossest, most villainous, tacky bitch in the game? From the ratty extensions to the terrible implants, Kim D. is the worst. And I love every single minute of it. Keep casting your spell, witch-lady.
Those are some thoughts for now. If you have thoughts and want to discuss them with me, send me a note on here, or watch “That Hot Housewives Goss” with me and Leslie Grossman on Wednesday at 7pm PST on hellogiggles U-Stream. That’s where I really keep it 100 on video and stuff.